Saturday 15 April 2017

Some Dutchies and a prize...

Hoi,

Even though I have been marking tests for the past 1,5 week I managed to paint up most of the remaining WW2 Dutch troops I have bought a while ago from May40 miniatures. Still in the pile are 3 blisters with a HMG, stretcher bearers and officers. Anyway here they are together with the real time Dutch period helmet. I bought it right in the village where I live from a local collector and  it seems to be a 1940 version (last batch made before the German invasion) and from the colour inside it was initially made for the KNIL (Royal Dutch East Indian Army) but re-painted and issued to the draftees of 1940.



Last week the Challenge awards were announced and much to my surprise I won the 1500points threshold, which is a Warbases coupon for 20 pounds.Since I have acces to the laser-cutter at work, I pretty much can get what I need custome-made, that said I had my eyes on a brushrack for some time. Now I have also long been looking at their brilliant animal range and decided to get a badger, foxes and some wolves (Snake-eyes needs a Timber after all) and the Omnibus passengers set. I also got some two-coloured tufts and a brush rack.


They turned up here with amazing speed: so thanks heaps Warbases for your excellent service, communication and products! I put up a banner to them somewhere here on the page.

Well that's it for now cheers.

4 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Nice looking figures Sander. A great choice for your prize!

Millsy said...

Nice looking Dutchies Sander! Looking forward to seeing some of the haul painted up.

Michael Awdry said...

Great job on the Dutch Sander and may congratulations on the prize too, lovely choices.

Phil said...

Beautiful Dutchies , no doubt!